Information supplied here is not intended to replace advice from your doctor. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease.
The Therapeutic Effect of CBD on Heart Disease
There has been increasing evidence that suggests that therapeutic cannabis can support a range of cardiovascular conditions. Various studies have discovered that a direct effect on the heart condition, prompting different researchers to conduct an analysis on the potential impact of CBD on heart disease.
Accumulating evidence now also suggests that CBD is beneficial in the cardiovascular system. CBD has direct actions on isolated arteries, causing both acute and time-dependent vasorelaxation. In vitro incubation with CBD enhances the vasorelaxant responses in animal models of impaired endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation. CBD protects against the vascular damage caused by a high glucose environment, inflammation or the induction of type 2 diabetes in animal models and reduces the vascular hyperpermeability associated with such environments.
The Potential Benefits of CBD on Heart Disease
The astounding benefits of CBD were highlighted in a review that was published in the British Journal of Pharmacology. According to the report, therapeutic cannabis has effectively reduced tension in our vascular system. Vascular Tension is a heart condition that places a significant strain on blood vessels. Additionally, it has been shown that CBD can protect arteries against damage caused by glucose.
There was a separate review that pointed out the power of cannabis in stabilizing the inflammation that is related to diabetes. Inflammations that are caused by these conditions can put a significant tension on the heart. It also suggests that therapeutic cannabis could be a potent tool in protecting our self against cardiomyopathy related to diabetes.
Managing Chronic Pain
Experts have also conducted studies that prove the use of cannabis in managing chronic pain associated with heart disease. The compounds that are found in the cannabinoids have the power to interact with the receptors found in our nerve cells easing discomfort and control the pain impulses.
The Cardiovascular Effect
In a separate study, there are supplemental researches that analyze the role of ECS (Endocannabinoid System) in the development of heart ailments. The ECS is a large regulatory system that plays a significant role in the central nervous system (CNS). It has a direct impact on vital functions of our body such as immunity, metabolism, and stress control.
Therapeutic cannabis contains an active compound that interacts with our CNS to produce and deliver benefits. A study that involves a rodent found out that that deficiency in the ECS has the potential to contribute to the development of chronic heart failure. Mice with low receptor effectiveness have a higher probability to develop heart abnormalities compared to mice that have functioning CB1 receptors. While we understand that this is preclinical observation, it shows that therapeutic cannabis can be useful in treating certain types of heart ailments.
CLINICAL STUDIES: RESOURCES
- CBD as an anti-arrhythmic, the role of the CB1 receptors
- Is the cardiovascular system a therapeutic target for CBD?
- Acute administration of CBD in vivo suppresses ischaemia-induced cardiac arrhythmias and reduces infarct size when given at reperfusion
- CBD attenuates cardiac dysfunction, oxidative stress, fibrosis, and inflammatory and cell death signaling pathways in diabetic cardiomyopathy
- The Effect of CBD on Ischemia/Reperfusion-Induced Ventricular Arrhythmias
- CBD protects against myocardial ischemic reperfusion injury
- Endocannabinoids acting at cannabinoid-1 receptors regulate cardiovascular function in hypertension
- Oleamide: A fatty acid amide signaling molecule in the cardiovascular system?
- Cannabidiol Protects against Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiomyopathy by Modulating Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis